Monday, January 09, 2006

 

They say it's your birthday

Had a look at the birthdays my family members and I share with famous people (pretty easy to do if you're keen - just type your birth date into Wikipedia).

Among the more interesting findings is that my sister shares March 18 with at least four heads of state/government - Grover Cleveland, Neville Chamberlain*, Fidel Ramos and FW de Klerk (five if you count Queen Latifah).

Joining her with a US president is my mother (November 24), with Zachary Taylor; my Dad (January 14) has a US traitor - Benedict Arnold. And both mother and father have a serial killer - Harold Shipman and Ted Bundy.

I, however (November 13), and the only one with a well-known saint (St Augustine), a king of England (Edward III) and a Supreme Court Justice (Louis Brandeis).

* Churchill once said, "History will not be kind to Neville Chamberlain. I know, because I'm going to write it." Talking about Churchill, just watched again that wonderful BBC Movie about him - The Gathering Storm. Albert Finney is amazing as Churchill. Churchill really was a great man and was extraordinarily right about Hitler and how to fight WWII, but he was so very wrong about so many things - Gallipolli, India, British society. I guess one could liken him to Isaiah Berlin's hedgehog.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares