Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

Birthday party cheesecake jellybean boom

There are plenty of lyrics sites out there for those who are into that sort of thing (ie, me), but I just came across a good interactive one, where people write what the songs mean a) in fact and b) to their own warped minds: Songmeanings. This is indeed one of the finest procrastinosites I have come across. Things I have learned: Mercy Street is about Anne Sexton. (Actually, every Peter Gabriel song seems to be about something or someone very specific.) Architects (or at least one architect) think REM's Fall on Me is about "the deterioration of quality in architectural design". Bruce Springsteen fans are more articulate than Sex Pistols fans.

Finally, if anyone can tell me which song the title of this post comes from (and Googling is cheating), I'll give them a year's subscription to The Getz Files.

Comments:
It's the end of the world and we know it. And I feel fine.....
 
err... *as* we know it
 
Smart fella - you win the prize
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares